Does this offend you?
Well it obviously offends my anatomy tutor.
Today, whilst studying surface anatomy (essentially what features you can feel by palpating the skin) my male class members were asked to remove their shirts. When I asked if it would be useful if willing female classmates did the same (for comparison’s sake, and because not every group contained a male) I was told no; that would not be appropriate.
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?! We’re anatomy students, and are soon going to be working in the health field. We need to start getting used to seeing other people’s bodies!
Also, why is a man with his shirt completely off okay, but the sight of a woman wearing a bra is somehow shameful or obscene?
WHY IS THIS SOCIETY TO SCARED OF THE FEMALE BREAST?
Why is seeing a girl in a bikini top okay, but bras must always be hidden?
Why is there such a double standard in today’s society?
THIS IS MARRIAGE!!
Permission to be a bad ass. Nod.
He looks back at the guy like, “SEE THAT? SHE SAID YES. YOU’RE SO FUCKED.”
Like, guys. Sparta was so kick ASS sometimes when it came to women. Spartan women were given these small knives so that if their husbands came home and tried to hit them or assault them, they had a weapon within reach. That weapon was for CUTTING THEIR HUSBANDS’ FUCKING FACES so that when he went out in public everyone would know he was an asshole, abusing jerkface and they would publicly shame him.
I DID NOT KNOW THAT THAT IS GREAT
LET’S JUST TALK ABOUT SPARTAN WOMEN FOR A SECOND.
In Sparta, women could own land and were considered citizens. THAT IS A HUGE BIG FUCKING DEAL. Why? Because that was RARE AS FUCK and there are lots of places TODAY where women don’t even get that much.
Divorce was totally fine, and a woman could expect to keep her own wealth and get custody of the kids because paternal lineage wasn’t very important. And it didn’t make her a pariah! She could totally remarry, no big deal at all.
Spartan women participated in some fuckin’ badass sporting events, too. And because they were expected to be as physically fit as the Spartan menfolk (who all had to serve compulsory military duties, btw, and couldn’t marry until they finished them at thirty) they didn’t have time for lots of swishy dresses. So they wore notoriously short skirts. According to some accounts, their thighs were visible at all times. HOLY SHIT.
Also, In Sparta men only got their names on their graves if they died in battle. And women? Women only got their names on their graves if they died in childbirth. THE SPARTANS COMPARED CHILDBIRTH TO FUCKING BATTLE AND IT WAS VIEWED AS A GODDAMN BADASS AND HONORABLE WAY TO GO OUT.
FUCKING SPARTAN WOMEN. THIS DUDE HAD FUCKIN’ BETTER MAKE SURE SHE’S COOL WITH WHATEVER HE’S DOING, IF HE KNOWS WHAT’S FUCKIN’ GOOD FOR HIM.
^^ I throughly enjoyed the history lesson dashed with the colorful adjectives.
Think Anorexia is funny? Sorry. I am a survivor and find NOTHING cute about this.
Wanna dress up like an Anorexic? All it takes is:
- 4 years of hospitalization
- A nasogastric feeding-tube because you’ve starved yourself so much that your body doesn’t recognize food as a good thing and tries to attack itself.
- Re-Feeding Syndrome, which can kill you.
- Emotional struggles for years.
- A father crying and pleading on his knees begging for you to get help
- A mother who cries every time she sees you because you look and SMELL like death.
- Holidays missed, birthdays crying in a hospital.
- Almost every major organ in your body failing.
- A shower chair - because you can’t stand in the shower because you’re too weak and the warm water could make you pass out.
- A wheelchair, because you are too weak to walk and it could make you go into cardiac arrest.
- A lifetime of medications for anxiety and the health issues “Anna Rexia” caused.
- Plenty of money for multiple ER trips due to “Anna Rexia” even in recovery.
- And if you don’t get help like I do, or even if you do, a coffin. Because I’ve lost more friends to this eating disorder then anything I’ve ever faced.
I almost died from this. I know it’s supposed to be funny and shit and yeah I get that, but seriously. THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Anorexia is nothing to party about or laugh at. It’s real, it’s deadly, and should not be marketed as a slutty outfit.
Want to dress as “Anna Rexia”? Just go as a Vampire, or a Zombie. Because 1/3 of us are dead.
This makes me really happy bc cute but really sad because no human would play with him so he has to use a robot and I think I’m going to go cry now